WeTransfer is a Netherlands-based propriety computer file transfer service using the Internet. Established back in 2009, the company was based in Amsterdam and headed by Naiden (Roland Hans), Rinke Visser, and Bas Beerens.
So in regards to how to create a Wetransfer link, WeTransfer themselves should explain the whole procedure.
How to Create a We Transfer Link
To create a We Transfer link, click on the ellipsis symbol—the one with the three dots—to reveal the email or link transfer switch. Add files you want to send then click on the “Transfer” button to generate your link.
Behind the scenes, the “magic” will occur, and then the upload finishes with a link you can copy and paste to anywhere you wish. This link allows you to send large files without necessarily hosting them anywhere like MegaUpload or sharing bits of them peer-to-peer like BitTorrent.
Why Should You Use WeTransfer?
WeTransfer is a quick and easy way of uploading any file you have in order to create a shareable link without the hassle of making an account with your own email address. It’s like the Imgur of extra-large files in the file-sharing world of the Internet.
We Transfer’s transference method is ideal for many who are used to sharing links, files, and memes over at social media. It’s instant access to any of your followers on Twitter or friends on Facebook as well as your email mailing list.
What are the Benefits of We Transfer?
Using WeTransfer to make a link for file sharing rather than uploading large files to a more limited storage facility yields you the following benefits:
- More Recipients: The number of recipients isn’t as limited when making a WeTransfer link compared to doing an email transfer or attachment to share files.
- Easily Sharable on Social Media: You can paste your WeTransfer link on a Facebook post or message, an Instagram DM, a tweet or Twitter DM, or even as a MySpace link.
- Share to Specific Recipients: You can share your WeTransfer link to a group of recipients instead of the public at large care of your email group list. Just paste your link on the email body and you’re good to go.
- Send to Yourself: If you lack cloud storage or the file is too big to save on your email, you can send a file—maybe a movie, maybe an episode, or maybe an executable for an app you want—to yourself via a WeTransfer link.
- Instant Link Generation: Instead of waiting forever to upload the file, you can generate a link immediately when you use the WeTransfer service.
- Send Anywhere to Anyone: If you want to send something to yourself or to others from your PC, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone, then use WeTransfer for the job. Head on towards WeTransfer.com for more details.
Can you send a WeTransfer link to multiple people?
Can you send a WeTransfer link to multiple people? The answer is yes, but with some limitations. With a free WeTransfer account, you can send files to up to 10 recipients per email transfer.
If you need to send files to more than 10 people, you can sign up for a WeTransfer Pro or WeTransfer Premium subscription. With either of these paid subscriptions, you can send files to up to 50 recipients per email transfer. So whether you’re sending a few small files or one large file, WeTransfer has you covered.
How long does a WeTransfer link last?
WeTransfer is a file-sharing service that allows users to send large files quickly and securely. One of the advantages of using WeTransfer is that files are stored for a period of time, so you don’t have to worry about losing important data.
The standard storage period is 30 days, but you can choose to store files for a shorter or longer period of time if you have an active account. This means that you can send large files without having to worry about them being lost or corrupted. WeTransfer is a convenient and reliable way to share large files, and its storage feature makes it an even more useful tool.
Can you tell if someone downloaded your WeTransfer link?
If you’re wondering whether someone has downloaded your WeTransfer link, there’s an easy way to check.
Just log in to your account and go to the sent transfers list in your transfer overview. Click on the transfer, and you’ll see when the original recipient or recipients have downloaded your files, as well as how many times it’s been downloaded.
So if you’re waiting on someone to download a file, you can easily check the status and see if they’ve done so. And if they haven’t, you can always resend the link or try a different method of communication.
Is WeTransfer anonymous?
WeTransfer is a popular file sharing service that offers two ways to send files: by entering email addresses or by generating a link. If you use the first method and enter your own email address, the service is anonymous.
However, if you use the second method and generate a link, the service is not anonymous. When you create a link, WeTransfer stores your IP address. This means that anyone who clicks on the link can see your IP address and potentially identify you.
For this reason, if you want to remain anonymous, it’s best to use the first method and enter your own email address.
More Things You Should Notice
If you want instant transfers without confirmation emails, WeTransfer is the service for you. It’s also perfect when sharing a file over more recipients than your email transfer option will allow. For example, you could be sending a feature-length rough cut of a movie to a sample audience.
It’s impractical to send that file as an email attachment even in 2022 broadband Internet speeds. Sharing a solid and stable link to multiple people is much easier to accomplish.
- “WeTransfer“, Wikipedia, Retrieved May 21, 2022
- “How do I send a link transfer?“, WeTransfer Zendesk.com, Retrieved May 21, 2022